What's he really saying anyway?

8.01.2009

Next time lets just be honest and save us both the bother

Now I'm coming 
And you don't want me anymore 
That's okay
Because I don't know what I want either

But you barely know me
So don't pass judgrmnt
On words represented through font
Hear my voice, Feel my touch, 
Lets sit in silence
Before you let your hopes 
Wrought

See my smile
Heed my kiss
Embrace the conversation
Don't let your fears
Destroy our progress
The success is based on perception. 

Floyd is loyal 
Floyd believes
That's why he's coming all that way
To take the risk
For nothing ventured
Nothing 'gained'

I am honest 
Despite previous experience.
To myself I make no promise
Of your allegiance

All I can say,
Is I'm worried all the same
The nervous illusion
That you're not what I expected
 
I know you're just nervous,
Afraid that I'm a flame
Ready to whither and wimper
At the hands of your withdrawl

Though I will try
Because you're worth it
Despite the shortcomings in both of us
There's a basic person
Who believes what
I feel
And knows what I believe
I may not be the one
You wake to every morning
But for three days lets
Let fantasy be reality
And heed no warnings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers